Pages

Search This Blog

March 13, 2017

This Week's Menu | An At Home Spring Break

This Week's Menu

This morning I'm getting organized - I have my Dinner Planner Tablet with my Market List Tablet and my Market Totes (restocked!) ready to go in the car.

Dinner Planner Tablet
Market Tablet
Market Tote Bags

Emma is on Spring Break, so we're home - yay! The first half of the week is 30 degrees, then the 2nd half is about 65.  Hum.  While I was looking forward to spending some time in the garden over her break, I'm embracing the last (hopefully!) stint of cozy weather and our menu reflects it for the first few days.  The 2nd half of the week, we'll be transitioning to warm weather foods - grilling!

I'm looking forward to slowing down, and trying not to make many plans for Emma and me.  We're going to be doing a couple of little fun projects around the house, re-planting window boxes, washing slipcovers, and doing some spring cleaning.  I'll share these projects and plans with you, too.

I'm hoping Emma will spend the week piddling and playing - which feels like such a rarity in this world, unfortunately.  We try to make sure we have time for her each day/week to just play and be in charge of her entertainment.  Over scheduling young kids seems like it is becoming an epidemic.  I feel like parents think they are not doing their job if they don't have their children's scheduled packed with "productive" activities.  I feel that children need to play, have downtime and be given space to use their own creativity.   I could go on and on about this, and probably will at some point.  I have a feeling that those of you that read this blog feel the same way as I do : )

So this week, we're letting go of obligations, spending quality schedule-free time at home and I couldn't be more excited to have a "normal" week.  We'll probably try some new recipes and spend lots of time in the kitchen.  Here is what I'm planning for the week (for the meantime...) :

Lemon Chicken with Olives and Rosemary




Slightly Spicy Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Penne

Meatloaf with Roasted Garlic Sauce

Grilled Steaks & Veggies

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jenny I couldn't agree with you more re: children not being children. It appears that children have to be mini version of us adults sadly overworked, with a packed and exhausting and experiencing anxiety at a very young age
    Thank you for the reminder how refreshing is to hear it and how brace of you for standing against the crowd. Same as trying to compete with picture perfect Instagram! Much grateful
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you on the unscheduled time for kiddos! So, so important, but seemingly so hard to come by for many families right now!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Jenny Steffens Hobick. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign